Saturday, May 1, 2021

Where has time gone?

 Dear Evie,

Where has time gone indeed? I let them slipped away for years from this blog. My last entry was June of 2017. Almost four years ago. But regrets will not do me any good. So I'll carry on and pick up the pieces where I left.

Tonight's conversation was very rewarding. It fills my heart to the brim. It's one of those conversations we call "deep." You are now 11 years old, turning 12 in few months. Our deep and meaningful conversation tonight made me realized how much you have grown, not (just) physically, but the way you think about things. For your age to tell me things and express your mind and heart to be heard is mind-blowing. I cannot believe I raised such a daughter whose wisdom is beyond her age. I wished I recorded the first several minutes of our conversation. While listening to you, I was dumbfounded of the wise words coming out from your mouth. But we did record the rest of it and it's almost an hour. 

I learned so many things from you tonight. You taught me how to be a better mom. I appreciate your honesty and your desire to have the best relationship with me and your Dad.

Thank you for sharing me the story that you are currently writing for your Social Studies' project. I can't help myself but be proud of what you have written so far. Your abundant imagination partnered with your creative writing will go a long, long way. 

Do you know what's the other thing I am most proud about you? You stepped up and set a goal for yourself to write and finish the number of chapters you set before the school year ends. I was quite surprised when you told me about your goal. That was totally unexpected. I am very grateful that your teacher, Mrs. Fuller let your read the book the "Seven Habits of Highly Effective Teens." You seemed to learn a lot from it and you are taking actions on what you have learned so far.

I look forward to reading the book with you and discuss the topics at the same time. I already see a lot of "deep conversations" coming between us.

Thank you for the laughs, the open heart, the honesty, the jokes you shared with me tonight. Most of all, thank you for the lessons you taught me so I can be the best version of a mom that you and your sister need.

I love you with all of me,

Mama


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

I Love You With All Of Me Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting